- 1 stick butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Evaporated Cane Juice (or regular sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Nutella (about 1 tbsp per sandwich or more to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars. Beat them for about a minute, then add the egg and vanilla.
Measure out the oats in a separate bowl, then sift in the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Slowly add the dry mix to the wet mix as you are mixing it until blended.
- Scoop about 1-1.5 tbsp onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-13 minutes depending on oven. The original recipe calle dor 11-13 minutes, but mine were fully done at 9.
- Cool on the pan for about 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. Cool the cookies completely before spread with Nutella and making the "pies".