Creamy Ham Casserole
from Cooking Light magazine
- 4 ½ cups uncooked medium egg noodles (I use no-yolks)
- 2 quarts boiling water
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 (10 ¾ ounce) can condensed, reduced fat, reduced sodium cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (8 oz.) reduced fat shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (6 oz.) tub light cream cheese with chives and onion, softened
- 2 cups chopped lean ham
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- cooking spray
- 1 cup fat free herb flavored croutons, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook noodles in 2 quarts boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cook 3 minutes. Drain
- Combine milk, soup, 1 cup Cheddar cheese, and cream cheese in a large bowl and stir well with a whisk.
- Add noodles mixture, ham, and carrot and stir well.
- Divide noodle mixture evenly between 2, 8 inch, square baking dishes coated with cooking spray.
- Combine remaining 1 cup Cheddar cheese and crouton crumbs; toss well.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over casseroles.
- Wrap unbaked casseroles with heavy- duty foil.
- Place frozen casseroles on a baking sheet.
- Bake, covered at 350 for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes.
*You can freeze up to 3 months!