“Gooey” is not an appetizing adjective to me. There used to be an old Taco Bell commercial with the Chihuahua advertising a particularly cheesy burrito and the little dog kept saying, “Gooey, gooey cheese”. I think that’s what did it for me. Take any word, associate it with Taco Bell and it takes away the appeal to me.
However, “gooey” might be moving up a notch or two in my book after making these cookies. These cookies were beyond delicious. Love, love, love them! I think you will love them too.
- 1 egg
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar for rolling and dusting
- In a large bowl with a mixer, cream together butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in the egg, then beat in the extract. Beat in the cake mix.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm enough to roll (2 hours to overnight if preparing in advance).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place powdered sugar in a bowl set to the side.
- Roll chilled dough in to tablespoon size balls and then in the powdered sugar.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart and bake 12 minutes. The cookies will remain soft and gooey.
- Cool completely and sprinkle with extra powdered sugar if desired.