Monday, October 25, 2010

Weekly Meal Plan

Holy cow have I been busy! I have so many new cooking adventures to blog about but have not had any time to sit down to do it. I am currently blogging in my car (it is parked) on my iPhone during my lunch hour.

One of my best tools for staying organized and saving time is planning my meals for the week. This keeps us from eating out, eating frozen food, and me from having to make multiple trips to the grocery store for one missing ingredient. Here's this weeks meal plan:

Monday: Sweet apple chicken sausage sautéed with onion and granny smith apples in a maple reduction served with mashed new potatoes and roasted asparagus

Tuesday and Wednesday me and my husband have our respective bible study groups and will be left to fend for ourselves.

Thursday: Chicken Pot Pie and a side salad (gotta get those veggies people)

Friday: Venison Chili and size salad.

Saturday: Probably just candy since it's Halloween Party Night. Just kidding! We are still working out plans, but we probably won't be at home

Sunday: Leftovers Schmorgesborg. Waste not want not folks.

That's my week! Please forgive any typos. Its hard to blog on a teeny, tiny keyboard.

3 comments:

  1. I do this too! It helps so much when I have NO time to sit and figure out what to make! This way not only do I already have the ideas, but I have shopped and have (hopefully, if I didn't forget something) all the ingredients! It has been a HUGE help to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do this every week and LOVE IT! It is so helpful. Now, your meals sound delicious! Mine...simple and quick. But I love going to the store only once and using all those great coupons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree. Plus I keep most of our meat in the freezer so I have to know ahead of time if it needs to be thawed too. I'm interested to see how this venison chili turns out. I've never cooked with deer meat before, but a friend gave us some, so...I guess I'll have to use it up!

    ReplyDelete